Enter Your Email Here For
The Free ASA Newsletter
New Members Only Area
Continue sailing with ASA
and stay part of the
greatest community on water.
The American Sailing Association is committed to helping you understand, appreciate and fully enjoy the incredible world of sailing.
If you thought you could never learn to sail because you don't own a boat, think again. Through the combination of nonprofit organizations that have expanded affordable access to sailing resources and ASA's varied catalog of sailing classes, sailing is accessible to virtually everyone.
ASA will do much more than simply show you the basics; our affiliated schools can teach you everything you need to be a skilled and experienced sailor, including helping you earn your sailing certification.
If you'd like to learn more, the best way to start your journey is to explore ASA.com for sailing schools like those in the beautiful Bay area. We recommend that you begin your tour by reading some of the detailed articles featured here on keelboat resources, certification program information and more.
To get your feet wet check this out….
- ASA MONTHLY E-NEWS - To access previous issues of the ASA monthly
E-Newsletter click here
- THE AMERICAN SAILING ASSOCIATION AND BENETEAU AMERICA CREATE PARTNERSHIP
Beneteau to design new sail training vessel for ASA's affiliated schools. View Press Release
- Sailing Fun - In conjunction with Sandals and Beaches resorts, the American Sailing Association is pleased to announce the launch of Sailing Fun, our newest course designed specifically to introduce kids to the exciting world of sailing. More info
- British Virgin Islands Flotilla - December 4-14, 2014 Explore the hidden treasures that lie within the British Virgin Islands. Breathe deep and smell the salty air, feel the warmth from the sun in your bones, and relax on this amazing journey. These 55-plus islands and cays have two fantastic assets which are accessibility and true naturally rich beauty. Join us for the adventure of a lifetime Click here.
- Exuma Islands Flotilla in the Bahamas, April 4-11, 2015 - This is a unique flotilla on small 21 foot Sea Pearl sailboats. This flotilla will camp on the islands and tour the beautiful islands with a local guide. This flotilla is limited to 10 participants. Click here
- Victoria and San Juan Islands Flotilla, June 19 –26, 2015 - Departing from Bellingham, WA, we sail the protected waters of the Salish Sea to the vibrant and colorful city of Victoria BC, tying up at famous Empress Hotel in the heart of the city. We return by way of sparkling Roche Harbor on San Juan Island, then anchor at remote Stuart Is. for hiking and exploring. A raft up and beach barbecue on Lummi Is. are also in store. Weather is generally mild in June, with little rain. Come sail with us! Click Here
- Renaissance Islands November 13-22, 2015 It’s time to challenge your sailing skills in the Leeward Islands! Sail Anguilla, St Barthelemy, and St Maarten/St. Martin with us in November 2015. St Martin is the smallest territory in the world divided between two nations, France and Holland. From the pristine and deserted beaches of Anguilla to the finest gastronomic restaurants of St Martin and to the exciting night life of St Barth, there’s something here for everyone – and all just half a day sailing away! Click Here
- The New ASA Social Media Link found here and in the Header Navigation Bar, is the portal to the ASA Blog, ASA Facebook page, ASA Twitter account and ASA Youtube Channel. Join us in the conversation and adventure.
- The ASA Store is now open. Drop in and experience great savings on gear, books, clothing and much more. Members also save 20% on all items.
- The Recreational PowerBoating Association (RPBA) was formed in 2009 in a direct response to the need for a national powerboater education program that emphasizes a practical, hands on approach. The RPBA’s mission is to be the leader in delivering the highest quality practical powerboater education in the United States, emphasizing safety, knowledge and practice as the confidence-building cornerstones to promote the powerboating lifestyle.
Visit the RPBA website for more information: www.TheRPBA.com
- Endorsements - ASA has added several "Endorsement" courses to our certification program. Endorsements provide in-depth study of a single topic such as radar, weather, docking or basic celestial navigation and are not requirements for the 101 through 108 sequence.
- Attention ASA Instructors Check out ASA's Radar Course
- Join ASA - What are you waiting for? Membership gives you a world of opportunities
and benefits to increase your sailing pleasure and knowledge.
The American Sailing Association is the leading authority on the art of sailing.
Learn to sail through our network of certified sailing courses.
To date, more than 457,600 people have learned to sail with us completing 864,400 ASA certifications.